Date:      Thu, 5 Mar 2015 20:20:50 +0200
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   tcpdump filter not ignoring jail subnet

I'm using "tcpdump -i re0 -tq -F bin/tcpdump.txt" on my workstation for rea=
l-time traffic analysis. The current filter file has:

(src not net 192.168.1.0/24 and not ip6 and not net 192.168.2.97/32) or (sr=
c host mybsd and not port imap and not port imaps and not port 6667)

I'd like to create the filter such that traffic sources deemed reasonably s=
ane do not get listed in the output. Where I'm stuck:
* "net 192.168.2.97/32" is a DNS jail and I don't need to monitor that host=
. Yet, the "not net" (or not src net) keyword does not work and traffic to/=
from that net gets displayed anyway (I've also tried host keyword).
* I would like to include a URL whitelist in the filter (for example, do no=
t show any *.FreeBSD.org traffic). Is this even possible with tcpdump?

Regards.

--=20
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.