Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 23:14:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "T. William Wells" <bill@twwells.com>
To:        mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU (Mitch Collinsworth)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about the mascot

> >There just aren't enough people who'll shy away from the little
> >devil to make the creation of a whole 'nother set of material
> >worth the effort.
>
> Are you stating this as a fact, based on market research you can
> reference?  Or as an assumption based on opinion?

Elementary logic:

1) Though I've been involved in the computer business for nearly
30 years, I haven't observed anyone who might have bought an
operating system who'd also have rejected one because of a
devilish mascot. This doesn't prove that such people don't exist;
it does put a stringent upper bound on their numbers.

2) The burden of proof is always on the person who asserts "there
exists". So, until someone does "marketing research" and shows
that my observation is inaccurate, I can, and should, take it as
fact.