Date:      Fri, 04 Aug 2000 09:03:32 -0500
From:      Ryugen@palaver.org (Ryugen C. Fisher)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   POP3 problems

I did an upgrade from 3.4 stable to 3.5 stable a few weeks ago
Last week the /var directory was full so it was moved to another partition
I was running qpopper.3.0.2 and it tested correctly prior to the upgrade,
but had NOT been tested since.

it was (I believe) compiled with  --enable-bulletins=/var/spool/bulls
--enable-bulldb=/var/spool/bulls --with-new-bulls=10
--enable-home-dir-mail=.mail

Problems:

1) PINE works correctly for internal mail
2) mail sent via OUTSIDE is sent to /var/mail and is NOT visible via PINE
but IS visible via  MAIL  ...
3) POP3 mail is not functioning .... i.e, I get a banner that indicates
that it is running, but I am unable to enter  or receive data via the
normal POP3 commands .. and telnet must be forcibly disconnected...

Help, please

TIA

Ryugen, that "Old Frog" hisself
Ryugen@palaver.org