Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2014 21:11:57 -0800
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: centos 4 bhyve guest

>   Does anyone have an experience on booting CentOS 4 as a bhyve guest?

  This should now be partly fixed with grub2-bhyve 0.30 (the latest
version in ports).

  I've tried the 4.8 x86_64 install DVD and booted with a single vCPU
guest. SMP isn't yet working.

  4.8/i386 has issues with the atpic and detecting PCI devices that I'm
still looking into.

  With 4.8, I used ahci-hd for disks since there seemed to be sporadic
issues with virtio-blk.

  In addition, 5.11 now seems to work fine, UP/SMP and with virtio-blk.

later,

Peter.