Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 11:21:05 +1100 (EDT)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need confirmation of 53C810 (DC-310) support in 3.x

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, John Reynolds~ wrote:

> I'm shopping for an "in-expensive" (yet supported!) SCSI card to hook a
> scanner up to. I think I've settled on one based upon the 53C810 Symbios
> chipset.
>
> The particular OEM card is from Tekram--the model is "DC-310". When the
> release notes say that there is support for the 53C810 does that imply
> support for all cards based upon this chip? Specifically are people using
> this DC-310 card under 3.1 (and -current)? I hope so 'cuz it's nice and
> cheap ($39 from http://www.hypermicro.com/).

AFAIK, all the NCR/Symbios based cards are software compatible.  I have a
DC-310 which I've not yet had the excuse to use (I do use an Asus SC-200
which is also 810 based).  The only thing to remember is that you can't
boot from devices attached to these cards unless the motherboard BIOS
includes the SDMS code (most Asus boards used to).

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Fido:   Andrew MacIntyre, 3:620/243.18        |        Australia