Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:27:44 -0500
From:      "brian@levie.freeserve.co.uk" <brian@levie.freeserve.co.uk>
To:        bsam@ipt.ru
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: *** SPAM *** Re: Failure to compile

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Boris Samorodov bsam@ipt=2Eru
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:50:25 +0300
To: brian@levie=2Efreeserve=2Eco=2Euk, freeBSD-questions@FreeBSD=2Eorg
Subject: *** SPAM *** Re: Failure to compile

Hello, Brian!

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:34:05 -0500 brian@levie=2Efreeserve=2Eco=2Euk wrote=
:

> I did not realise FreeBSD had a C compiler, I decided to reformat the
> partition and reinstall FreeBSD=2E  It appeared to go well but after exi=
ting
> the install I cannot boot it, I get the error message ' Unable to load a=

> Kernel', what has happened=3F

You did something wrong=2E ;-)

To avoid spending much time I usually install FreeBSD with "minimal"
configuration=2E It takes some 5-10 minutes only=2E That I reboot the
system=2E If it boots I use sysinstall to add other needed stuff (ports,
docs, sources, some initial packages etc=2E)

If the system doesn't boot, well, I spend an other couple of 5-10
minutes to reinstall the OS=2E

WBR
--=20
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
Research Engineer, http://www=2Eipt=2Eru Telephone & Internet SP
FreeBSD committer, http://www=2EFreeBSD=2Eorg The Power To Serve

Many thanks for your reply, I installed as you suggested and everything
works fine!  Cannot understand why=2E Even cc (not now the Xenix version !=
)=2E

Brian

http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E