Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 23:22:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        "Donald R. Tyson" <tyson@alumni.stanford.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound cards with no mascots!

I'm wondering about PCM0 using IRQ 10 also.  According to <shudder> device
manager in Windoz Ebola 95 and NT, my network card is the current resident
of IRQ 10.  Have not checked closely in FreeBSD box

> According to Donald R. Tyson:
> > Is there someone who might answer Gary's question about his
> > ancient sound card, without any mention of the (shudder) mascot
> > issue?  Many thanks
> >

> 	Kenny send me the following KERNEL config that works with
> 	his old SB16:
>

> 	#sound card SB16 ISA PNP
> 	#device         sbxvi0  at isa? drq 5
> 	#device         sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
> 	device          pcm0 at isa ? port ? irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0
>

> 	I questioned the irq 10; mine is on irq 5 and he said that
> 	his is also but that pcm0 seems  to want irq 10.  This sounds
> 	bizarre to me.  Anybody have any insight into why the irq's
> 	would need to be remapped?
>
> 	Any driver hackers out there?
>
> 	gary

-----

 Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"

----