Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:02:46 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        netprince@vt.edu
Cc:        vev@michvhf.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wi in hostap mode causes panic near linksys router

Here's what I use.  I'm using it right now to send you this message:

ifconfig wi0 ssid SSIDduImp channel 7 media DS/11Mbps mediaopt hostap debug up
sysctl net.link.ether.bridge=1
sysctl net.link.ether.bridge_cfg='wi0 ed0'

I've not tried setting WEP keys, but if you are, I'd try:

ifconfig wi0 ssid SSIDduImp channel 7 media DS/11Mbps mediaopt hostap \
	 debug wepmode on wepkey 0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx up

Note that your problems were that you didn't say 'media DS/11Mbps' in
your ifconfig.

That's likely the root of the problems.

Warner