Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 18:30:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber), freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dump over ssh

:> Can you do any or all of these things from a script? As I recall,
:> ssh requires "live" entry of the password from the keyboard (though
:> I haven't tried it lately).
:
:Only if you require a password to access your keypair.  Otherwise, it
:doesn't require it.
:
:
:Nate

    Right.  I give my backup machine a keypair to the 'operator' account
    on my other machines through which it runs the dumps.  I bought a
    cheap high capacity IDE drive for the backup machine big enough to
    hold the dumps to avoid having to direct them to the tape in real
    time, which saves a lot on tape drive wear.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>