Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 14:42:30 -0700
From:      Erin Fortenberry <erinf@lusardi.com>
To:        'matt' <matt@ccia.cc>, Erin Fortenberry <erinf@lusardi.com>
Cc:        'Jon Henshaw' <jon@henshaw1999.freeserve.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: UNIX

>>>On Fri, 14 May 1999, Erin Fortenberry wrote:

>>>[...]

>>>: I guess the best thing I could say here is:
>>>: Windows is the wool that was pulled over your eyes to blind you from
the
>>>: truth. All good software did run on or will run on some form of UNIX.
We are
>>>: *WAY* to big of a market to ignore.

>>>Why does that sound like it's paraphrased from "The Matrix"? *grin*
>>>however, you have made a good point. I bet even M$ runs UNIX for some of
>>>their servers.. =P

Yup, "The Matrix". Actually when M$ put up their web servers originally they
were on Sun Sparc stations. The guy who set them up was asked why he didn't
use IIS? He said, "because I wanted them to work." He was fired. I used to
know his name, but after some time I just forgot it.

Believe it or not, M$ does make software for UNIX... FrontPage. And its a
royal pain. Everything worked great on my web server until I introduced
FrontPage.... and it was all down hill from there.

Erin

mailto:kahn@unet.tm
http://www.fortenberry.net

Windoze is about as stable as a one-legged drunk with hypothermia in a four-
hundred mile wind, balancing on a banana peel on a greased cookie sheet.
When someone throws him an elephant with bad breath and a worse temper.