Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:45:37 +0800
From:      edifice <warehou@sina.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem of installing grub 0.92

Dear All,

I am trying install grub 0.92 on my freebsd 4.7. I meet error when trying
to build it. The error message is following. Is there anything I have omitted?

# make
cd .  && CONFIG_FILES= CONFIG_HEADERS=config.h  /usr/local/bin/bash ./config.sttus
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
config.status: executing default-1 commands
make  all-recursive
Making all in netboot
Making all in stage2
make: don't know how to make pre_stage2. Stop
*** Error code 1

Stop in /tmp/grub-0.92.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /tmp/grub-0.92.

Best Regards,

Edifice
--
edifice <warehou@sina.com>

attach:the message when configure
-----

# sh ./configure
checking for a BSD-copatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environent is sane... yes
checking for gawk... no
checking for awk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking whether ake sets ${MAKE}... yes
checking build syste type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.7
checking host syste type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.7
checking whether to enable aintainer-specific portions of akefiles... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking for C copiler default output... a.out
checking whether the C copiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross copiling... no
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU C copiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for style of include used by ake... GNU
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking whether optiization for size works... yes
checking whether -Wundef works... yes
checking for objcopy... objcopy
checking if C sybols get an underscore after copilation... no
checking whether objcopy works for absolute addresses... yes
checking whether addr32 ust be in the sae line as the instruction... yes
checking for .code16 addr32 assebler support... yes
checking whether an absolute indirect call/jup ust not be prefixed with an aserisk... no
checking if start is defined by the copiler... no
checking if _start is defined by the copiler... yes
checking if __bss_start is defined by the copiler... yes
checking if _edata is defined by the copiler... yes
checking if edata is defined by the copiler... yes
checking if end is defined by the copiler... yes
checking if _end is defined by the copiler... yes
checking for opendisk in -lutil... no
checking for wgetch in -lncurses... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for eory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking ncurses/curses.h usability... no
checking ncurses/curses.h presence... no
checking for ncurses/curses.h... no
checking ncurses.h usability... yes
checking ncurses.h presence... yes
checking for ncurses.h... yes
checking curses.h usability... yes
checking curses.h presence... yes
checking for curses.h... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating akefile
config.status: creating stage1/akefile
config.status: creating stage2/akefile
checking ncurses.h presence... yes
checking for ncurses.h... yes
checking curses.h usability... yes
checking curses.h presence... yes
checking for curses.h... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating akefile
config.status: creating stage1/akefile
config.status: creating stage2/akefile
config.status: creating docs/akefile
config.status: creating lib/akefile
config.status: creating util/akefile
config.status: creating grub/akefile
config.status: creating netboot/akefile
config.status: creating util/grub-iage
config.status: creating util/grub-install
config.status: creating util/grub-d5-crypt
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
config.status: executing default-1 coands