Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:50:19 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@exodus.net>
To:        Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth stack for FreeBSD

Hello Pav,

[...]

> I have mixed success with OBEX so far. I can download items from mobile
> using obexapp connected to IrMC service. But I'm not able to PUT
> anything to the phone. I always get Bad request response.

i will look into this.

> I'm not able to send anything from phone to PC. I did:
>
> # sdpd
> # sdptool add --channel=10 OBEXP
> # obexapp -s -C 10

service should be OPUSH or FTRN *not* OBEXP. you might want to
expriment with this and add one at a time to figure out which
one your phone is looking for.

> but the phone fails with Connection lost and watching hcidump reveals
> that HCI connection is not established.

hcidump output please.

> Also I don't know how to read current configuration of sdpd,
> sdptool browse gives me strange results.

you can examine local SDPD database by typing

sdptool browse ff:ff:ff:00:00:00

i'm sorry, SDP package was ported from Linux and i had no time
to write all man pages and documentation. it is on my TODO list.

> I will put up section about OBEX when I figure how to use it properly.

thank you

> BTW friend with Nokia 6310i was visiting me today, inquiry works,
> obexapp downloading works, putting does not work. I haven't chance to
> test pairing or pppd. What amused me is that I was able to download his
> whole phone directory without any authentication.

this is nice :) is Bluetooth enabled by default on 6310i?

thanks,
max