Date:      Sun, 1 Aug 1999 00:07:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Reid Linnemann <shocker@ionet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Booting after install

Hi, I've managed to install BSD /once/ before, though it was messy, and
gave up on it to continue at a later date (it took me 12 hours and 6
re-installations via ftp to get it semi-correct). The problem I have
occurs when the BSD boot manager brings up my selection - the BSD
partition will not allow me to boot on it. When I try to select it, I just
get a beep from my pc speaker?? It's driving me nuts. I can't remember
what I did to fix this.. but it took me song long that when I had actually
gotten it running I had forgotten to update the root password... and then
everything was hosed.

Please be sure all replies are mailed to this address.
danke

shocker@ionet.net \______AIM: protodome______ICQ: shocker||
 ||		   |**Global Demolitions Expert**|       ||