Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2008 15:55:25 -0600
From:      Mitja <lumiwa@gmail.com>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slow internet - 7.0 release

On Friday 07 March 2008 10:15:03 Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> >> Everything works great except Internet (I didn't have problem with beta
> >> and RC). It is slow.
> >> I have standalone comp[uter and as desktop I use KDE. As a browser I
> >> prefer Konqueror which is very sloqw on many sites (jpgmag.com for
> >> example and many more) and Firefox which is a little faster.
> >
> > You will need to quantify "slow" to get much advice here.
>
> it's just like hearing my clients ;) that it's "slow" ;)
> no matter how fast it would be.
>
> to make things more fun - there are some webpages that "measures" the
> "speed of internet".
>
> None of them explains what "speed of internet" is.

If I am lucky maybe 30 seconds to one minute. Now on www.cnn.com I am waiting
still (about two minutes)...okay now is done: 2 minutes 27 second.
I am lucky: www.freebsd.org ju8st one minute and ten seconds.
I am sorry that I didn't wrote time before.
Same provider and my wifes old laptop with windows works like a rocket :(.

--
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.