Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:21:25 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Benjamin Close <cisbjc@cs.unisa.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCcard support issues under current

In message <3BC4043D.951386C0@reason.levels.unisa.edu.au> Benjamin Close writes:
: 	My PCMCIA ports are not being assigned an interrupt or valid memory
: address at boot time under -current. I've tried adding option
: PCI_ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_IO_RANGE (which apperently config doesn't like
: anymore) hence the C code got hacked. But still no luck. The attached
: dmesg is only a few minutes old but indicates the problem. Note, the
: attached dmesg was generated with a kernel (based on GENERIC) which did
: not have ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_IO_RANGE enabled. Ie range is limited.

yuck.  there's actually several problems that are showing up all at
the same time.  one is interrupt routing too, but i'm too swamped this
week to take a look at it in detail.  my guess is that there is
something to do with the use of bridges in your system.

Warner