Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:10:13 -0700
From:      "Aaron D. Gifford" <agifford@infowest.com>
To:        Nathan Ahlstrom <nrahlstr@winternet.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-RELEASE to 3.0-CURRENT questions

Nathan Ahlstrom wrote:
<<snip>>
 It (make aout-to-elf) is still breaking:

> On 3.0-RELEASE you should not be running 'make aout-to-elf' because 3.0
> is already elf.
>
> About the breakage -- you have just discovered the joys of running
> -current.  This problem has already been reported on the freebsd-current
> mailing list I believe, so you can play to cvsup again tomorrow and it
> will probably work.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Nathan
<<snip>>

Thanks for your quick response!  I wasn't sure whether 3.0-RELEASE was
fully elf userland or not.  I'll anxiously await updated sources while
perusing -current mail.

If 3.0-RELEASE is ELF userland, is the kernel also ELF, or is that only
in -CURRENT?

Aaron out.