Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:09:06 -0600
From:      "Jeff Hinrichs" <jlh@cox.net>
To:        "samy lancher" <washville2003@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Server automatically Shuts down.

----- Original Message -----
From: "samy lancher" <washville2003@yahoo.com>
To: <Barbish3@adelphia.net>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 8:56 AM

> Last night the system again crashed. Are there any other ways to redude
power load on the system.?

> Thanks,
> Naveen.
If it is power load then you'd probably be better off replacing your power
supply with something a bit bigger than you currently have installed.  Is
the machine on a UPS?  Also, just to check because I've seen this happen
before:

The power is not controlled by a switch that a new employee or maint staff
is switching off?
New cleaning crew unplugging  to get access for their vacuum/radio, etc?

Don't laugh, I've consulted on gigs where such things have happened.

-Jeff