Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:09:54 -0600
From:      Rolf Edwards <redwards@meccamediagroup.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.1.1 and secure telnet

I am setting up a new box to replace an old 3.1 machine, and I would like
to set up some method of telnet using SSH.

I seem to have managed to set up OpenSSH 2.2.0p1, but it gives console
messages such as "no modules loaded for 'sshd' service" and "fatal: PAM
session setup failed: Permission denied" when I try to connect.

OpenSSH 2.1.1 installed via the ports collection seems to work.  The client
software that would be used is Secure CRT.

The real question, is what should I be using OpenSSH 2.1.1, 2.2.0p1 or
ssh2-2.3.0?

Rolf