Date:      Wed, 06 Jun 2001 16:03:12 -0700
From:      Bob Fayne <bob.fayne@bea.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pam_radius and template_user

I've been trying to get the 'template_user=username' option
for pam_radius to work.  When a user is not in the main
password file, there is _no attempt_ to contact the
radius server(s).

I'm running 4.3-RELEASE.  This is what my pam.conf looks like.

sshd    auth    sufficient      pam_skey.so
sshd    auth    sufficient      pam_radius.so
try_first_pass template_user=me
sshd    auth    required        pam_unix.so                     try_first_pass
sshd    session required        pam_permit.so

pam_radius(8) says this:
template_user=username
	specifies a user whose passwd(5) entry will be used as a tem-
	plate to create the session environment if the supplied user-
	name doesn't exist in local password database.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get this working?

Thanks in advance. :)