Date:      Fri, 03 Sep 2010 01:35:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Terry Kennedy <TERRY@tmk.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS v28 is ready for wider testing.

  First, thanks for the immense amount of effort you've obviously put into
this!

  I'm running 8-STABLE and would love to give this a good workout here. I
currently have 3 test boxes w/ 32TB on each, currently runnihg the ZFS 14
that comes w/ RELENG_8. Dual E5520 CPU's and 48GB of RAM on each as well.
The OS is on a separate set of gmirror'd UFS drives, so the lack of boot
support won't be a problem.

  I saw that another poster said there were only a small percentage of
patch files that didn't apply on his system (which was RELENG_8 with some
other ZFS changes, IIRC).

  If someone can put together a v28 patchset against 8_STABLE, I promise
to give it a good workout.

  Also, if that happens, would it be useful to have a list of the "ex-
pected" LOR's in case testing on 8 turns up some that you haven't seen
before?

        Terry Kennedy             http://www.tmk.com
        terry@tmk.com             New York, NY USA