Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:21:40 -0500
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        "FreeBSD-STABLE@FreeBSD.org" <FreeBSD-STABLE@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Still getting "Checksum mismatch" etc.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 08:59:03AM +1200, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Scott Lambert wrote:
>
> > But how many CVSups on each machine.
>
> I run a daily cvsup cron job (well, it's nightly, really). I get the error
> messages if I do 'make update' in /usr/src as well.
>

> > There was a commit of libpam stuff that
> > didn't work.  Some time later the commit was backed out.  The first commit
> > required the new downloads.  The backout commit required downloading the
> > old versions again.  Apparently the files are different enough that CVSup
> > falls back to transfer the whole file rather than just edit.
>
> So, I need to download the old version(s) of the libpam files? How would I
> do that with CVSup?

It should have been cleared up by now with a nightly cvsup.  Mine boxes just
had the two instances where they downloaded all the libpam stuff.  After that,
it was business as usual.

So, are you saying you get to download those files each time you cvsup?

Have you tried deleting those files from your source tree?

--
Scott Lambert                          Unix SysAdmin -- Looking for work.
lambert@lambertfam.org     http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/resume.html