Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 03:45:02 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Greg Lynn <dglynn@vaview5.vavu.vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: sio problems on 3.2

>> Ok, the problem seems to be with the mouse, rather than the serial
>> port.
>>
>> Give me some more details about your serial mouse.
>>
>> What model from which manufacuture is it?
>>
>> I suspect it's rather an old model, because moused should be able to
>> detemine the protocol type if it is one of newer PnP seiral mice.
>>
>> Kazu
>
>Well, it's a great mouse - logitech mouseman
>(Mouseman Serial-Mouse Port)  Yeah I thought about the
>mouse to so I switched mice and tried the microsoft
>protocol for moused and still nothing.

Did you try

	moused -t mouseman -p /dev/cuaa0

and it didn't work?

I think this mouse can be hooked to the PS/2 mouse port.  Have you
ever tried that?  Did it work?  If it didn't work, it is definitely
broken.

I also would like to bring your attention to the small connector which
sits between the mouse and the serial port connector.  It converts the
round 6 pin connector to the D-sub 9 pin connector.

You must use the connector which comes with your mouse.  You cannot
use a connector from another manufacturer, e.g. Microsoft.  These
connectors are just incompatible.  Even Logitech does not provide
backward compatibility in these connectors; new connectors from
Logitech do not work with older Logitech products!

Kazu