Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 1998 17:22:05 -0600
From:      Dave Bodenstab <imdave@mcs.net>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /usr/bin/msgs ...

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Can't seem to find it on the search engines, and since its part of the
> standard OS, it isn't available in ports...
>
> Can someone tell me where I can find a source distribution of it that I
> can use under Solaris?  Or can I just assume that there is nothing missing
> in the one we have and just copy the one .c file over?
>
> Thanks...
>
> Marc G. Fournier
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

There was a system V port posted to alt.sources in 1991:

  From: dburr@nixbbs.UUCP (Donald Burr)
  Newsgroups: alt.sources
  Subject: msgs port to System V
  Date: 29 Oct 91 04:18:28 GMT

A lot of the readme talks about getting a dirent emulation, etc.
I'd say you'd be better off trying the BSD source directly at
this point.  If you really want a look at the alt.sources
posting, let me know and I'll mail it to you.

Dave Bodenstab
imdave@mcs.net