Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 1996 00:24:20 +0400 (MSD)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: adjkerntz (was: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/tzsetup ...)

> As =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= wrote:
> > > Perhaps only when adjkerntz is running?  It is never running on
> > > ``serious'' machines. ;-)
> >
> > I always run it on all my machines without any problem.
>
> I didn't claim it would cause major problems (except those you've been
> describing to us :-), but it's rather obsolete on machines that don't
> also run DOS sometimes.  For a sole Unix server, i don't know why i
> should not use UTC.

Of course, pure Unix machine don't need it. But if you sometimes
mount DOS floppies (msdosfs), you need it.

> > > Btw., there have been many problem reports about bogus adjkerntz
> > > activities here in Germany yesterday.  (We had a DST switchover.)  I
> >
> > It very depends on adjkerntz version. Old versions have a bugs.
>
> It was with a -current version, and -current timezone settings.  So it
> seems that new versions do also have bugs. ;)

I need more info on this subject, i.e. some test results,
DST rules and what finally happens.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -