Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:45:19 +0000
From:      "Killermink !" <killermink@hotmail.com>
To:        ohoyer@ohoyer.de
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dhclient and host resolution

Thats fantastic it works!

I thought it would be something simple...

I tried a

$more  /etc/resolv.conf

But the file did not exist.  So I su'ed and

#echo "nameserver 192.168.2.1" > /etc/resolv.conf

(this is the correct IP for the Mac)

then

#ping www.google.com

And it worked immediately!  Thanks very much, I feel pretty stupid with such
an easy answer, but shouldn't this info be provided by dhclient?  If I move
to another network, say with a gateway of 10.x.x.x or other, will I have to
change resolv.conf again?  Is there anyway to get this automatically or is
it a feature of FreeBSD/dhclient?

Many thanks again!