Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 18:31:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Michael Maxwell <drwho@xnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sudden crashing?

:
:On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 01:32:54PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     The very first thing I would do is upgrade the machine to 3.4-R.
:
:Unfortunately, even though that was my first assumption, disk space on
:this box is at a premium, and halfway through the cvsup, I had to stop.
:I would never survive a buildworld.  Worse: the box doesn't have a
:cdrom on it...
:
:--
:Fight email spam:  http://www.cauce.org/

    Find another box you can unpack the CVS tree on and export /usr/src
    to this machine over the network.  If you do not have enough space
    on the local machine for /usr/obj, then make space on some other machine
    and export that to the local machine for /usr/obj.

    Then you can buildworld and installworld on the local machine.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>