Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 2015 18:08:45 +0200
From:      Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd>
To:        Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
Cc:        rainer@ultra-secure.de,  "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CARp comatibility between 9 and 10

On 8 June 2015 at 12:13, Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk> wrote:

> > I did this a while ago - and it actually worked.
> > (CARP between 9 and 10).
> >
> > I think I have each IP assigned its own VHID, though.
>
> Thanks for this, someone else has confimred that 10 orks with multiple IP's
> per VHID, so I am good to go.
>
> Do I still need to compile a separate kernel with pfsync and carp in
> it, or can these now be loaded as modules ? I cant remember when I started
> doing that, but I suspect it may no longer be necessary.

OK I'm late to reply to this, but a word of caution to those that would
upgrade from 8 to 10 or 9 to 10.

While CARP maintains compatibility between the two different OS releases,
you will lose pfsync capability.

That means when you switch over your CARP master, PF will drop all these
sessions that existed at host A but were not synched over to host B.