Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 1999 12:54:54 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: troubles using cvsup

---559023410-851401618-942494094=:18692

Here we go I guess my host.conf conforms to standard suggested by you
I got the same results though.Any futher suggestions?Probably you would
like to cast a glance on my /etc/hosts if so give me a notice.
I have posted output of ifconfig tun0 to mailing list previously

Regards,
Ariel Burbaickij

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
>
> >> What is your hostname set to? Since you have dynamic IP, you probably
> >> just made up a hostname. If you did, add that to /etc/hosts with the IP
> >> address 127.0.0.1 (as the above command would).
> >   Nope I have changed hostname (and not hostadress!!!) to
> >   Ariel.zhesitianka.de(default was myname.mydomain.org)or something
> >   very similar to it so I did not cosidered this change as being
> >   critical is it not?
> >   Should I change it back?
>
> No, that won't change anything. I'm not sure if it's relevant, but what does
> your /etc/host.conf contain? Try putting "hosts" before "bind", if it's not
> like that already, and see if that makes any difference.
>
> --
> Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
> ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and
>                          |   ben+pgp@scientia.demon.co.uk

---559023410-851401618-942494094=:18692

IyAkSWQ6IGhvc3QuY29uZix2IDEuNSAxOTk4LzExLzE2IDAyOjAyOjMwIGpr
aCBFeHAgJA0KIyBGaXJzdCB0cnkgdGhlIC9ldGMvaG9zdHMgZmlsZQ0KaG9z
dHMNCiMgTm93IHRyeSB0aGUgbmFtZXNlcnZlciBuZXh0Lg0KYmluZA0KIyBJ
ZiB5b3UgaGF2ZSBZUC9OSVMgY29uZmlndXJlZCwgdW5jb21tZW50IHRoZSBu
ZXh0IGxpbmUNCiMgbmlzDQo=
---559023410-851401618-942494094=:18692--