Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 2013 21:30:01 GMT
From:      Paul Beard <paulbeard@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/177416: mail/postgrey has surfaced a bug in perl's taint checking

The following reply was made to PR ports/177416; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Paul Beard <paulbeard@gmail.com>
To: Darren Pilgrim <ports.maintainer@evilphi.com>
Cc: "bug-followup@FreeBSD.org" <bug-followup@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 14:26:47 -0700

 On Mar 30, 2013, at 1:37 PM, Darren Pilgrim =
 <ports.maintainer@evilphi.com> wrote:

 > Because you're going at it backwards.=20

 It only looks that way. If I want to know what port requires this one, I =
 don't want to install other ports on a fishing expedition to find it. =
 Computers are really good at finding things, keeping lists, searching =
 and sorting. It seems like I should be able to search for ports that =
 require a specific one.=20

 So what I am looking for is leaf ports (top-level ports makes more sense =
 but isn't used as an option). To me, that's backwards.=20

 Anyway: portmaster -l returns this:=20

 =3D=3D=3D>>> 293 leaf ports

 Hmm, that's a lot. After I winnow them down to the ones I actually use, =
 I could simply run make pretty-print-build-depends-list against each =
 one, sort the results to see what perl modules, if any surface, and test =
 postgrey against them.=20

 It's too nice a day to faff about with this but I'll let you know if =
 anything turns up.=20

 --
 Paul Beard

 Are you trying to win an argument or solve a problem?=20