Date:      Tue, 02 May 2000 10:58:00 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Subject:   NoClassDefFoundError: InvokerGen

Dear All,

I tried building the JDK on my home machine now, using patchsets 6 and 7,
but I can't get it to work. The build dies after some five minutes with a
message that it cannot find the InvokerGen class. This is highly surprising,
since the class is right there, and if I use javap instead of java to load
it, javap will readily print out all there is to know.

/usr/local/linux-jdk1.2.2/bin/java -classpath . InvokerGen \
   < ../../../../src/share/javavm/include/invokers.txt > invokers.c
                         Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: InvokerGen

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/kjkoster/java/content/known.html#hd13

I thought I was pretty much up to speed with Java, but this has got me
scratching my head like a newbie. The build works like a charm on other
machines I have tried.

Is anyone else seeing this?

How come javap can load the class while java cannot?

Who has a second-hand Athlon machine for sale? :-)

    Kees Jan