Date:      Mon, 6 Jul 1998 21:03:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      wjw@digi.digiware.nl (Willem Jan Withagen)
To:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        wjw@digiware.nl, mike@smith.net.au, terry@lambert.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adding to sysctl env.

=>  > Reason I ask, is that there were no errors when I compiled without
=>  > the inclusion, but that was the problem I could not see the
=>  > debug.vlinkxlate in sysctl. :-(
=>
=>  You need to look into why there were no errors.  At a minimum, there
=>  should have been a linktime error, if a macro was confused as an external
=>  function reference.

That's why I was suprised as well. I found out about the problem by
compiling the module with 'cc -E' checking what cpp made of it.
It just left the TEXT_SET in plain tekst there.

So I suppose that there is a TEXT_SET to be linked against which doesn't
harm the code. :-(

=>  The man page is useful, but the inclusion of the kernel.h was probably
=>  for some other prototype, not the sysctl prototype, IMO.  You need to
=>  narrow down your problem to make sure you aren't documenting an #include
=>  that is necessary for your implementation, and not for sysctl's in
=>  general.

I'll undo the fix, and see what comes of it. Currently my kernel has
not *TEXT_* items.

--WjW