Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:33:50 +0600
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.2-STABLE + NEC Versa S950 problems

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 02:23:23AM +0700, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I've recently got that NEC Versa S950 laptop, and installed FreeBSD
> 6.2-RELEASE on it.  Since getting sound working required HDA support,
> which is missing in 6.2-RELEASE but present in 6-STABLE, I've cvsup'ed
> to RELENG_6, rebuilt world and kernel.  And that's where the problems
> begin (userland + kernel sources as of 17 July).

I've been periodically trying new versions of RELENG_6 during these
several months that passed from July.  So far there're still major
problems:

  - Keyboard does not work when booted w/ ACPI.  vmstat -i shows that
    irq9 does not receive any interrupts.  This happens both with
    kbdmux and w/out it, and dmesg output does not show any irq9
    override.
  - Suspend/resume still do not work (well, it does not come up from
    resume, really).  reset_video=1 hack does not help.

My dmesg, ASL, etc. is attached to the mail I am replying to, so I won't
attach them here, but they can be easily found (google for "FreeBSD nec
versa s950" and you'll get the link to my previous email with all the
attachments there).

Anything I can do about it?

Thanks.

./danfe