Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 01:18:29 +0100
From:      Tobias Seiler <tobi@themaster.de>
To:        Freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   TELES 16.3 (no f*** c or PnP)

Hi there,

some of you may remember me. Formerly I had a problem to get i4b 0.80
running on a 1.4 NetBSD machine.
Well, this machine still runs like a charm and runs since this time without
any problems or crashes 24hours a day 7 days a week.

Now I tried to setup a similar machine with almost the same setup. A TELES
16.3 card NetBSD1.4 (i386) and i4b 0.80 (this is working without any
problems on the other machine and I didn't want to ran into new probs).

The strange thing is, that I have done all the things to make i4b work on
this machine, the machine boots up fine i4b is probing the card attaching
the devices is setting config doesn't moan about anything and also the
complete IP setup is done as it should be. The only thing is that the
machine doesn't dial out. I copied the config from the other running
machine and applied only slight changes to it (other ip address and similar
things).
Isdntrace simply does nothing and does not recognise when there something
happening on the ISDN chain. It only creates an almost empty file with its
standard header.

spppcontrol says that the phase is always dead in every situation I can
think of.
Also the isdntest application does not dial out, well it gives some messages
but nothing particulary.
When I do an 'ifconfig isp0 debug' I get the message 'lcp closed (initial)'
(or somthing similar, I dont have the machine here) and nothing more.

I have created the /dev files on that machine and compiled the userland apps
on that machine.

The card must also be ok. It works in that machine with linux and in another
one with w95.
The ISDN line used here is the same and must also be ok then.

Any idea is welcome. (The machine will be the dial out and file server for
my own company and for that it is most appreciated to work flawlessly like
the other machine).
Germans might have a look at #http://www.spacer.de# ;->

Thanks in advance for any answer I might get.

P.S.: A friend of mine also would like to run some kind of comm server but
could only get hold on a 16.3c TELES card. Is there any support planed or
what is needed to get the card working ? Is it 'only' some PnP mapping
stuff or does it use a complete different chipset ?