Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:07:46 +1100
From:      Johannes Effendi <johannes.effendi@redsheriff.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   "unable to set fixed blocksize to 1024"

--------------C0FDFAA8B83012FA2FF73DA2

Hi,

Can anyone help? at boot message I got the following error message:

(sa0:ahc0:0:12:0): unable to set fixed blocksize to 1024

The same message turns up also when I try to do "tar tv" on the Sony
DDS-4 Tape.

I have installed FreeBSD 4.2 on my Intel Pentium III box,
Sony DDS Tape drive SDT-10000/R  (DDS-4 tape drive)
and the Adaptec SCSI card 29160 Ultra 160 SCSI controller and
the Ultra 160M  scsi terminator (LVD+SE Act Neg + HVD ISO).

Thanks.

Johannes.effendi@redsheriff.com

--------------C0FDFAA8B83012FA2FF73DA2

begin:vcard
n:Effendi;Johannes
tel;fax:+61 3 9864 0778
tel;work:+61 3 9864 0777
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.redsheriff.com
org:Red Sheriff Ltd.;RedGauge IT Development
version:2.1
email;internet:johannes.effendi@redsheriff.com
title:Systems & Product Manager
adr;quoted-printable:;;Level 7, 10 Queens Road=0D=0A;Melbourne;VIC;3000;Australia
note;quoted-printable:=0D=0A =0D=0A This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for=0D=0A the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the=0D=0A intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this=0D=0A communication is strictly prohibited.=0D=0A If you have received this message in error please=0D=0A notify us immediately by return email or telephone +61 3 9864 0777, then delete this=0D=0A message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may=0D=0A not necessarily reflect the views of Red Sheriff.=0D=0A
x-mozilla-cpt:www.redsheriff.com;-8416
fn:Johannes Effendi
end:vcard