Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2006 22:20:44 GMT
From:      Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/105589: Firefox 2.0 segfaults when saving more than one file per session

The following reply was made to PR ports/105589; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To: Armin Pirkovitsch <a.pirko@inode.at>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Subject: Re: ports/105589: Firefox 2.0 segfaults when saving more than one
 file per session
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:13:43 -0800

 Armin Pirkovitsch wrote:
 > I'm sorry - it was my mistake - i was a little bit to fast with my
 > conclusion - I've narrowed the problem to libgnome-2.16.0 down.
 > Installed: Crash, Deinstalled: works...

 Although it makes no sense, it does seem to work. If it doesn't fix the
 bug, it at least increases the number of saves before a crash.

 I say it makes no sense because libgnome doesn't show up anywhere in
 Firefox's dependency tree. But a make deinstall from ports/x11/libgnome
 allows Firefox to save every image from www.freebsd.org/logo.html. Doing
 a make reinstall causes Firefox to die on the second image.

 Uninstalling libgnome is hardly a viable fix as it will break several
 other ports....

 Micah