Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:14:48 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Daniel Bye" <freebsd@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade and pkgtools.conf

On Thu, 28 October, 2004 10:55 am, Uros said:
> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to update subversion from ports and I have
> WITH parameters in my pkgtools.conf
>
> 'devel/subversion' => [
>                 'WITHOUT_NEON=1',
>                 'WITH_APACHE2_APR=1',
>                 'WITH_BERKELEYDB=42'
>         ]
>
> but when I do porupgrade subversion it looks like there was no parameters
> added to make. Because I always get error that devel/apr is not properly
> builded.
>
> Am I doing something wrong here.

As Dick has already said, the port is broken (I trust his word on that -
haven't checked far enough to confirm - interrupted the build after
confirming a hunch).  However, I just used the same set of options as you
mention above, and get this output at the start of the portinstall
session:

---># portinstall subversion
--->  Installing 'subversion-1.0.8' from a port (devel/subversion)
--->  Building '/usr/ports/devel/subversion' with make flags:
WITHOUT_NEON=1 WITH_APACHE2_APR=1 WITH_BERKELEYDB=42

So - portinstall and friends can see the options.  You are missing a
couple of commas, as already mentioned.

What section of pkgtools.conf did you put the options in?  They should go
inside MAKE_ARGS = {}

HTH

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \