Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 1996 06:42:43 GMT
From:      sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au (Stephen Hocking)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   IRC client with superb graphical enviroment & StarOffice 3.1 (fwd)

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: plibuda@uni-muenster.de (Patrick Libuda)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.unixware.misc
Subject: IRC client with superb graphical enviroment & StarOffice 3.1
Date: 3 Jun 1996 13:49:42 GMT

The sweet little prog is called ZIRCON. It should be found at

catless.ncl.ac.uk/programs/zircon

Should you be unable to find it there try the various web search engines.

I saw it at a show and (knowing Mirc) I was very impressed. It was running
under FreeBSD with XFree.

By the way, I got the Windoze version of StarOffice 3.1 (Try&Buy) last week
and it is absolutely awesome. The Word-clone has a complete HTML 3.0
compliant web browser EMBEDDED. You can design entire webpages without
leaving your word processor (allegedly...). You can even send and receive
emails (allegedly...). I do not have a private account so I could not test
it. The Linux version of it will be PUBLIC DOMAIN !!!

Check out www.stardiv.de (also in English...)

I personally do not use UNIX but mentioning it in another news group
nearly caused my email-mailbox to overflow...