Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:40:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Doug Denault <doug@safeport.com>
To:        "Craig, Rob" <Rob.Craig@tfeurope.com>
Cc:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: !! Does FreeBSD run on a Dell Notebook !!

The short answer is probably. I use a Dell Inspiron 7500 and two VERY old
Latitude LM's with no problems. But you should check out the archives for
the hardware mailing list, the handbook (URL below), and then post this
question to freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG if you still have questions.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-hw.html

A try-it solution would be to boot the CD (if the XPi can do that) or make
a floppy and see if sysinstall will recognize all the hardware.

I had the most problems with X windows rather than FreeBSD.