Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 12:44:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bochs and vn devices

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> Bochs allows for having disk image files like 30M.vga or 126M.vga
> but when I have a mount_msdos mounted /c slice I see no way
> how to access this from bochs. Any clues?

I managed to use my entire disk as the image, I wouldn't suggest this
though, because if bochs screws up it might be bad.

I think I did something like
diskc: file=/dev/wd0c cyls=847 heads=64 spt=127

That's the geometry for my disk anyway, and I got bochs to start up the
boot manage properly but it then whinges and exits with can't lseek file
/dev/wd0c.

I think it's probably possible, I just gave up as after 3 hours it still
hadn't installed windows 95, and that's too slow for me.

	Steve.

--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342