Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:56:18 +0100
From:      RW <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
To:        gerard@seibercom.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: flash plugin and firefox

--On Friday, September 15, 2006 14:44:26 -0400 Gerard Seibert=20
<gerard@seibercom.net> wrote:

> On Friday 15 September 2006 13:15, Christopher M. Hobbs wrote:
>
>> I put together a really quick translation at work a while back for some
>> co-workers.
>>
>> http://altbit.org/?p=3D111
>>
>> Isn't the linux flash plugin 7 (used in this article) broken anyhow?
>> See: =C2=A0http://www.freshports.org/www/linux-flashplugin7/
>>
>> I've been trying to install it on a new machine with little luck. =
=C2=A0I
>> normally don't have any problems, so it's probably just an oversight on
>> my part.
>
> I believe so. I tried building it yesterday without success.

Just in case, you didn't read my reply to the original post. There is
no version of the adobe flash plug-in for Linux that doesn't contain
critical vulnerabilities. Running a more secure version of Flash depends
on Adobe releasing Flash 9 for Linux.