Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 1996 01:57:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@tahoma.cwu.edu>
To:        Rashid Karimov <rashid@rk.ios.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: de0: receiver: FIFO overflow PROBLEM.

I have two systems with DEC DE500-XA boards connected with a cat-5 crossover
cable. Machine A is a P90 running 2.1R, machine B is an SP3G w/AMD 5x86.

Running at 100mb, I can perform a successful NFS installation of 2.1R on
machine B from A every time.

When I try to NFS install a 2.2-SNAP (tried the last 2) onto machine B,
things fail with "de0: FIFO overflow" on the client machine (machine B).
This happens not far into the extraction process - maybe in the bin
distribution.

I am about to try this with 2.1.5-BETA, next...

-Chris