Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:58:20 -0500
From:      Andy Myers <andy@frozentundra.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Running jabberd

I've found some comments about this problem in various lists, but I can't find a complete answer on how to fix this.

Here's my problem:

When starting the jabber server, jabberd, I get the following error:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libpth.so.14" not found

The file "libpth.so.14" is located in /usr/local/lib/pth/   but apparently is jabberd can't find it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks much.