Date:      Fri, 3 Apr 1998 21:18:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Kulp <dkulp@neomorphic.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hauppauge with FM supported?

I'm on the verge of buying a video capture card with TV tuner.  I see
that Hauppauge has a card that includes an FM tuner (Model 452, like
the 401 but with FM).  This sounds attractive to me, a regular radio
listener.  Does anyone know how this works and whether fxtv or
something else exists for controlling/listening/recording the FM
audio?

Also, are there any restrictions or recommendations on sound
cards when using these video capture cards?

Finally, are there performance pros and cons with different bt848
boards?  Does my X server make a difference?  And in general how good
is the real-time display?  (I have a TV tuner for an apple macintosh
which has max display of 640x480 and it's refresh is almost as smooth
as a normal TV.)

Thanks a bunch!
David Kulp