Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 21:45:49 -0500
From:      Terry Jones <jones@cedar.buffalo.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Need Recommendations.

	I am looking to retire my old machine in favor of a PCI system
and am looking for suggestions.  I plan to go with an ASUS/Triton MB,
any problems that I should be aware of?  I also am planning to go with
either an Adaptec 2940 (maybe 3940?) or BusLogic PCI SCSI controller...
any comments on performance among these choices?  I know this is kind of
general but I wanted to get a feel for what the best choices may be for
running FreeBSD.

	Thank you,
	Terry				jones@cedar.buffalo.edu