Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 18:56:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        Nick Evans <nevans@nextvenue.com>
Cc:        "'Carl Strickler'" <cstrickl@ifta.net>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Who's knockin' on my firewall [OFF TOPIC]

There is a great whois proxy at www.geektools.com
that knows who to ask about things and follow the referral pointers.

For example, here is a domain I registered through itsyourdomain.com:

$ whois -h whois.geektools.com lerctr.net
Query:     lerctr.net
Registry:  whois.itsyourdomain.com
Results:

Registrar Name: ItsYourDomain.Com
Registrar Whois: Whois.ItsYourDomain.Com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.ItsYourDomain.Com

Registrant:
   Lawrence E. Rosenman
   1905 Steamboat Springs Drive
   Garland, TX  75044-6749
   US

   Domain: LERCTR.NET

   Administrative Contact:
      Lawrence Rosenman (LR2-IYD) ler@lerctr.org
      Lawrence E. Rosenman
      1905 Steamboat Springs Drive
      Garland, TX  75044-6749 US
      (972)414-9812 (FAX)

   Technical Contact:
      Lawrence Rosenman (LR2-IYD) ler@lerctr.org
      Lawrence E. Rosenman
      1905 Steamboat Springs Drive
      Garland, TX  75044-6749 US
      (972)414-9812 (FAX)

   Billing Contact:
      Lawrence Rosenman (LR2-IYD) ler@lerctr.org
      Lawrence E. Rosenman
      1905 Steamboat Springs Drive
      Garland, TX  75044-6749 US
      (972)414-9812 (FAX)

   Created: 07/08/2000
   Updated: 07/08/2000
   Expires: 07/08/2002

   Domain Name Servers in listed order:

      NS-A.LERCTR.ORG
      NS-B.CIRR.COM

ItsYourDomain.com - "The Wholesale Registrar"

Results brought to you by the GeekTools WHOIS Proxy v3.0
Server results may be copyrighted and are used with permission.
Your host (207.158.72.11) has visited 1 times today.
$

Nice, it also follows the IP addresses.

Larry Rosenman                      http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 (voice) Internet: ler@lerctr.org