Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:07:55 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Storing small files in inodes

On 1999-Oct-28 15:48:39 +1000, Matthew Jacob wrote:
>Can we start thinking about fat inodes too?

I personally think they're fat enough as it is - by default they
occupy about 3% of the disk (though I generally only create about
1/2 the default number).  Doubling the size of the inode would
probably be reasonable if some of the space was available for
storing small files.

I presume you're thinking of additional space to store ACLs.  Given
that ACL's are optional, vary widely in side and can reasonably be
shared, I'd prefer to see them stored outside the inode.

Peter