Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 22:07:34 -0500
From:      Jonathan Pennington <john@coastalgeology.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.0 Powerpack

* Daniel Stehm <daniel.stehm@verizon.net> [001214 20:52]:
> Hey guys, Im planning on purchasing the FreeBSD 4.0 Powerpack from CompUSA.
> I have noticed that there is a more current version of FreeBSD, I believe it
> is 4.4? 4.2? Anyways, my question is when I purchase the Powerpack, is it
> easy to update it to the current version? I have DSL, so downloading it wont
> be a problem, just want to make sure that I can use all the programs that
> come with the powerpack with the new version if I upgrade. Thanks.

Easy to down load an upgrade? With a DSL connection? HAH! You've never
had it so easy. Check out the handbook at www.freebsd.org, look for
CVSup, and read the section on keeping current. You'll be amazed.

-J
--
Jonathan Pennington		| http://coastalgeology.org
Site Manager			| Protection and stewardship