Date:      Sat, 18 Jul 2015 23:24:55 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
To:        Tom Lislegaard <freebsd@lislegaard.net>, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Logitech C525 webcam won't work on Raspberry PI2

On 07/17/15 21:28, Tom Lislegaard wrote:
> This is an RPI2 with a recent CURRENT snapshot, but the original RPI with
> 10.1-Stable give exactly the same result. The camera works without problems
> on amd64 with 10.1-Stable.
>
> tl@rpi2:~ % uname -a
> FreeBSD rpi2 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r284969: Wed Jul  8
> 19:50:02 CEST 2015     tl@rpi2:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/RPI2  arm
>
> Trying to connect the camera I get this error
>
> usb_alloc_device: Failure selecting configuration index 0:USB_ERR_TIMEOUT,
> port 4, addr 5 (ignored)
>
> Things I have tried include disconnecting all other usb-devices, and
> connect the cam via an external powered hub.
>
> usbconfig/lsusb show the following

If you run:

usbconfig -d X.Y set_config 0

Does it work?

Have you tried other webcams? Might be a timing issue at USB transaction
level, because the USB controller in the RPI is driven mostly by
software, while on the PC side by hardware.

If you update the RPI2 kernel to the latest as of today - any difference?

My Logitech webcam enumerates just fine.

--HPS