Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:09:11 -0600
From:      "Todd Reed" <ex279@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adding drive to Vinium Volume & Mail Question

My current FreeBSD system has 4HDD's.  The first on is singled out and only
hold the operating system and system applications.  The other three drives
are RAIDed together to form one drive, which holds the Web, DBMS, and FTP
applicaitons.  It also hold the DBMS and other data.  I'm starting to run
out of room and need to add another HDD.  I think all I have to do is
rewrite the vinium.conf file to add the other HDD, shut the system down, pop
the drive in and then it will be done.  But, I'm not sure.  Can anybody
offer any suggestions?  They would greatly be appreciated.

Also, I've got a mail question:  Currently this system is completely
internal (10.x.x.x).  We have an Exchange server which is our primary email
server.  We are running out of licenses and would like to look at this
solution.  I'm running into a problem though. sendmail works fine when
sending mail to itself, but cannot see anything else.  I need to be able to
send mail back and forth between servers.  Should I setup a NAT translation
in the Firewall and use the outside DNS?  We have an internal DNS.  We also
may want to, in the future, allow the users to send mail outside the
company.  I don't know if anyone can understand this, but...!

--Todd