Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:22:20 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: home pc use

Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com> types:
> >> Pull crap like that a few too many times and your going to end up with
> >> no job.  Yes, you can stave off the immediate demands with excuses.
> >> Another common excuse that works with FreeBSD is "I left voicemail with
> >> the consultant and he hasn't gotten back yet"
> >Please note that the text Ted is replying to is *not* mine.
> Sorry Mike, I did know that - I should have made it a bit more clear.  It
> always gets my dander up to read all the FUD regarding support, it's the
> most overrated thing in the software business there is.  But
> I wouldn't worry too much as by now I think most people are deleting the
> messages in this thread unread. ;-)

Well, it had '>' in front of it when I sent it out. I agree that most
people are probably just deleting it; I wanted to make it clear to
those few still following it.

And for those who actually *like* this kind of thing, you might check
out advocacy@freebsd.org. This is what it's for.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.